[mythtv-users] wget unauthorized mod

chris at cpr.homelinux.net chris at cpr.homelinux.net
Sat Aug 5 09:49:23 UTC 2006

On Sat, Aug 05, 2006 at 12:17:10AM -0700, WR wrote:
> Can someone please tell me where I can modify the wget command or whatever
> command string is attempting the retrieval?

Have you tried running the wget command manually and specifying
your username and password on the command line?  That way you could
tell if the problem was with wget or with MythTV.  The command is:

	wget --user="username" --password="password" \
	http://datadirect.webservices.zap2it.com/tvlistings/xtvdService

If wget is hashing your credentials properly then you will get a
401 error followed immediately by a 400 error (which is OK in this
case, since the request is incomplete).  If wget is not sending the
credentials properly then you will get two 401 errors.  If you get
a 403 error then you entered the URL incorrectly.

Note that you will *ALWAYS* get a 401 error when accessing a
password-protected web site.  That's because the web browser (or in
this case wget) always tries to get the data anonymously first and
then sends your credentials in response to a 401 error.  As long as
the 401 is followed by a 200 you're doing fine.

To verify that your Zap2It password is being stored correctly in
MySQL, run the query "select * from videosource;" against the
mythconverg database.