[mythtv-users] 0.19, VIA, XvMC, Ezra/i586 - video corrupted - image enclosed

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Fri Aug 4 11:58:33 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-08-04 at 10:32 +0100, Jules Gosnell wrote:
> OK - so you have a PVR-250 in your frontend, no backend, 'VIA XvMC',
> enabled in setup and video plays back fine ?
>
> I have a pair of Nova-T's in my backend and enabling 'VIA XvMC'
> results in the problem described.

VIA XvMC does not support most MPEG-2 streams. It only decodes
a subset of valid MPEG-2 streams. The PVR-250 recorder can be
configured to only generate streams that VIA XvMC can support,
but the Nova-T can not.

There is a long standing effort by the OpenChrome developers to
extend the VIA driver to support standard XvMC acceleration. If
you can program, it would be a good idea to join their mailing
list and help them get it done.

The thing to try first is to install MythTV and OpenChrome from
the development versions to see if this is something that has
already been fixed.

-- Daniel