[mythtv-users] Wiki Week - an appeal

Stephen Boddy stephen.boddy at btinternet.com
Thu Aug 3 21:23:34 UTC 2006

On Thursday 03 August 2006 22:02, John Andersen wrote:
> On 8/3/06, Stephen Boddy <stephen.boddy at btinternet.com> wrote:
> >But lets do that with the understanding that no-one goes in there
> > and starts updating pages with SVN, and the soon-to-be-released (please?)
> > 0.20 content, obliterating 0.19 content.
>
> Its only disk space!
>
> Why not keep sections specific to several older versions.  That plus a
> section that is non-specific would do nicely.

Yes, but the OP was wanting to get the initial content into the wiki before
worrying about how it copes with multiple versions. The wiki seems to refer
to 0.19 mostly at the moment, hence my suggestion to get it current for 0.19
before we stress about multiple versions. But then it really does need to be
planned, when there are typically 2-3 versions in common use (0.18, 0.19 and
SVN)

> Some of us run MythTV for its utility and features, not JUST to be
> constantly reinstalling.

Ditto.

--
Steve Boddy