[mythtv-users] Wiki Week - an appeal

match at ece.utah.edu match at ece.utah.edu
Thu Aug 3 20:57:13 UTC 2006

Somewhat late to the dance:

The Wiki cannot possibly be everything to everybody.

I think info on the Wiki that is specific to a release should be
limited to no more than 2 releases, or possibly 2 releases plus SVN
in its application. Today, that would mean 0.18 and 0.19 and their
variants, such as 0.18.1 etc. As soon as 0.20 is released, info
specific only to 0.18 and earlier releases should be removed if it
does not apply to 0.19, or at least moved to a separate page outside
the main body and labelled as pre-0.18.

I'm sorry, but I believe that the added confusion far outweighs the
advantage of including this old info.

Marvin