[mythtv-users] Backend hardware advice - Power usage - RESULTS

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Thu Aug 3 20:37:14 UTC 2006

> Why 2 PSUs? What PSU specifically? Most PSUs are horribly inefficient,
> as in 50-60% efficient. A good PSU these days is over 80% efficient so
> this will save you 25-50w. Something like the Seasonic S12-330 will
> have plenty of power for your system and has high efficiency.
> http://www.silentpcreview.com/article596-page1.html

Hmm. There is one thing to think about is the 8 to 10W is only when
idle, when the drives spin  up this number will be much larger. I am
not sure a single 330W will be enough to handle that unless he
staggers spinup on the drives. When I think of it I believe the 3ware
card will do that so I guess that would work if this feature was
enabled.

John