[mythtv-users] Silverstone LC16M VFD MythTV support

Chad masterclc at gmail.com
Thu Aug 3 18:43:32 UTC 2006

On 8/3/06, Andrew Ingram <adingram at clara.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi List,
>
> I've just got myself one of these cases. I have LCDd running and I appear to
> have the "heartbeat" working. However, that appears to be all that gets sent
> to the VFD while myth is running. I've tried most of the Myth Plugins but
> all I get is the heartbeat. Is this because there isn't much support for the
> simple 2 line VFD 9as opposed to dot matrix style displays)? If it is lack
> of support for this type of VFD, then I'll be happpy to add some.
>
> BTW, I'm running 0.19-fixes.
>
> - Andrew

Can you use the buttons on the front panel or are they just for
decoration?  I read the Silverstone website info, it all refers to
Media Center/Windows Media Player.  If you can use the buttons, did
you have to do anything fancy to get them working, and what about the
"Function" knob?

I know these are unrelated to your question, but you've got the
hardware and software combo to give a hands on report with :)

-Chad