[mythtv-users] Scheduling: prefer input

John P Poet jppoet at gmail.com
Thu Aug 3 14:37:54 UTC 2006

On 8/3/06, Yeechang Lee <ylee at pobox.com> wrote:
> John P Poet <jppoet at gmail.com> says:
> > My firewire input lineup only includes channels above 100.
>
> Do you mean that you don't have a way to record the channels below 100
> at all? If so, you should a) delete the channels through MythWeb or
> mythtv-setup's channel editor, and b) uncheck the channels you don't
> get at labs.zap2it.com. b) is necessary to prevent the DataDirect feed
> mythfilldatabase gets from recreating the invalid channels.

Right.  I have three lineups defined; 1 for analog cable, 1 for
digital cable (the firewire), and 1 for OTA ATSC.

The reason I made a point of saying that the firewire was only for
channels above 100, was to point out that channel 8 could not be
recorded on the firewire input.  Yet, even though I told the scheduler
to prefer the firewire input, it was choosing to record ESPN on my
PVR-500 instead of ESPNHD via firewire.

John