[mythtv-users] CD ripping problem

Will Constable willconstable at gmail.com
Thu Aug 3 13:59:38 UTC 2006

I am new to the whole CD ripping side of myth, but I figured I'd give it a
try last night and to my dismay it would just not cooperate.  I have a
DVD-RW drive and a CD-RW drive, but the 'import cd' feature only searches
the cd-rw drive for a CD.  When I put a CD in, it finds the CDDB info, and
when I say 'import cd', it just spins up and spins down quickly, then ejects
the disc.  Dmesg says something like "cdrom: unknown format" or something to
that effect, however it happens with many CDS and they all play fine
elsewhere.

Will