[mythtv-users] 0.19, VIA, XvMC, Ezra/i586 - video corrupted - image enclosed

Jules Gosnell jules at coredevelopers.net
Thu Aug 3 13:18:22 UTC 2006

Thought I would repost as I'm still seeing this sort of thing on _some_
recordings when XvMC is enabled:

http://www.gosnell.org.uk/tmp/00032.jpg

I'm living without XvMC, but it's not ideal - I have to put up with
stuttering now and then.

I have just upgraded the box to the latest packages from
washington.kelkoo.net/epia and atrpms (see below).

but, still no better.

Underneath this it is running a pretty much vanilla FC4 with all updates
from standard repos applied.

The only unusual thing about my setup is that the cpu is an Ezra and
therefore an i586 - this has caused problems in the past.

Does anyone have an Ezra running successfully with XvMC enabled ? If so,
I would be very interested to compare notes.

I've just done a little more testing and found that the problem may be
related to the channel - e.g. ITV2 and More4 (PAL, UK) seem to be the
only channels on which I regularly record which produce recordings which
do not demonstrate this problem (90% of the time). All other channels
that I use generate recordings that I are not watchable with XvMC. Might
different channels braodcast in slightly different formats, some of
which work better with my hard/software ? any ideas ?

Thanks for your time,

Jules

kernel-2.6.17-1.2142_FC4
libmyth-0.19-130.fc4.at
mythbrowser-0.19-126.fc4.at
mythcontrols-0.19-126.fc4.at
mythdvd-0.19-126.fc4.at
mythflix-0.19-126.fc4.at
mythgallery-0.19-126.fc4.at
mythgame-0.19-126.fc4.at
mythmkmovie-1.1.4-5.fc4.at
mythmusic-0.19-126.fc4.at
mythnews-0.19-126.fc4.at
mythphone-0.19-126.fc4.at
mythplugins-0.19-126.fc4.at
myththemes-0.19-106.at
mythtv-0.19-130.fc4.at
mythtv-backend-0.19-130.fc4.at
mythtv-frontend-0.19-130.fc4.at
mythtv-setup-0.19-130.fc4.at
mythtv-suite-0.19-59.at
mythtv-theme-abstract-0.20040910-2.at
mythtv-theme-MediaCenter-0.17-4.at
mythtv-theme-photo-4-6.at
mythtv-theme-ProjectGrayhem-1.7-1.at
mythtv-theme-purplegalaxy-0.20031214-3.at
mythtv-theme-Retro-0.20051208-1.at
mythtv-themes-0.19-130.fc4.at
mythtv-theme-sleek-0.35-2.at
mythtv-theme-visor-0.16.2-5.at
mythvideo-0.19-126.fc4.at
mythweather-0.19-126.fc4.at
mythweb-0.19-78.at
xine-0.99.4-0.lvn.3.4
xine-lib-1.1.1-0.lvn.3.4.ucr.1
xine-skins-1.8-0.lvn.1.4
xorg-x11-6.9-0.FC4.ucr.12
xorg-x11-deprecated-libs-6.9-0.FC4.ucr.12
xorg-x11-deprecated-libs-devel-6.9-0.FC4.ucr.12
xorg-x11-devel-6.9-0.FC4.ucr.12
xorg-x11-doc-6.9-0.FC4.ucr.12
xorg-x11-font-utils-6.9-0.FC4.ucr.12
xorg-x11-libs-6.9-0.FC4.ucr.12