[mythtv-users] How do I log output from shutting down?

jonny Linux jonnylinux at gmail.com
Thu Aug 3 09:32:58 UTC 2006

Hi,

Sorry if this is slight OT, its about a more general linux issue than
mythtv. I'm running a FC5 combined frontend/backend, and I'm having trouble
with turning the computer off. I get an error message with a page fault when
I shut the computer down, and the system then waits for 2 minutes. The
problem is I can't see the first part of the error message.

I thought the error might be in /var/log/messages, but it isn't. Does
anybody know how I can log the output from the shutdown command, for example
"Stopping MySQL"? I suspect a module is being removed that doesn't exist
(when I run a different kernel I don't get this problem).

Thanks,

Jonny