[mythtv-users] Rex: a new tv_grab_au script

Max Barry mythtv at maxbarry.com
Thu Aug 3 03:58:23 UTC 2006

Phill Edwards wrote:
> Rex 1.1.1
> Retrieved 24 cached items from file.
> Grabbing data for days 1 - 7 into /home/mythtv/.xmltv/tvlistings_rex.xml.
> Error reading page HTTP::Request=HASH(0x94eab4c)->uri() in 5 attempts.
> at /usr/local/bin/rex-1.1.1.pl line 461, <> line 1.
>
> Is this a temporary glitch with the site, or might I have been
> blocked? Anyone else seen this?

That means Rex failed to download a particular page. I've made it not
die on a single failure, and instead print out a more useful error message.

You might want to keep an eye on it next time it runs, because Rex now
takes some time to retry each failed page, and if there's something
causing them ALL to fail (e.g. no network), it'll take forever to complete.

Latest version 1.2.0 attached. There are a few other minor improvements
from 1.1.1 (like classifying movies correctly). As always, also posted
to: http://www.whuffy.com/tv_grab_au/

Max.