[mythtv-users] Digital cable HDTV interface

Lachek Butalek lachek at gmail.com
Wed Aug 2 14:21:31 UTC 2006

What are people using for capturing digital HDTV sent over cable? I'm
subscribed with Cogeco in Ontario, Canada (if it matters) and I'm
quite unwilling to buy their DVR just so I can get an interface to
their signal to hook up my own MythTV.

Are there any (MythTV compatible) digital tuner cards or boxes around
that handles a digital cable signal, can switch channels and captures
in HD? Any caveats as far as encrypted signals or anything? Oh, and
add to that - I'm terminally cheap. :)

Thanks!