[mythtv-users] HDHomeRun

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Aug 2 01:07:02 UTC 2006

On 07/31/2006 09:54 PM, John P Poet wrote:

>On 7/31/06, Brad Templeton <brad+myth at templetons.com> wrote:

>>>That would be SWEET!!!!
>>>

>>Since getting a cablecard slot licence requires that the equipment
>>not feed the clear data to unapproved or unsecured programs like
>>MythTV, it wouldn't be too useful in this community.
>>

>The damn pirates in the world sure make it hell for the rest of us.

Actually, I blame the companies who actually think this kind of
technology stops the pirates.  Generally, the only people it doesn't
stop are the ones who most need stopping (i.e. those who are pirating
content and selling it illegally).  Those who don't need stopping (i.e.
us--those trying to make better use of the content) are the ones it does
stop.  (Sure, some of these companies actually think we need stopping as
PVR's devalue the advertising in the content, but still...)

Mike