[mythtv-users] SVN and Live-TV

Charles Philip Chan cpchan at sympatico.ca
Tue Aug 1 13:45:37 UTC 2006

On 2006-08-01 07:59:51 -0400 Alexander Böhm <babyfly at gmx.net> wrote:

Hi Nick:

> same thing here since the latest svn-release. After asking the same question
> im directed here by Nick from the Mailinglist

Thanks for the confirmation.

> <<It's most likely this problem - http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/2084

I am not too sure if it is the same bug. However, after doing some verbose debugging on the database queries when mythbackend starts, I found something that looks very fishy:

2006-08-01 08:18:37.297 MSqlQuery: SELECT channel.chanid FROM channel, capturecard, cardinput WHERE channel.channum      2006-08-01 08:18:37.300 MSqlQuery: SELECT finetune, freqid, tvformat, freqtable,        commfree, mplexid,        atsc_major_chan, atsc_minor_chan, serviceid FROM channel, videosource WHERE videosource.sourceid       AND       channel.sourceid     2006-08-01 08:18:37.302 MSqlQuery: SELECT channel.brightness FROM channel WHERE channum  2006-08-01 08:18:37.303 MSqlQuery: SELECT brightness FROM capturecard, cardinput WHERE sourceid         '0' AND           cardinput.childcardid  2006-08-01 08:18:37.304 Channel(/dev/video0): SetInputAndFormat() failed

As you can see, the channum is set to '' during the brightness query. I wonder if this is the problem?

Charles

--
/* Host controller interrupts must not be running while calling this
 * function or the penguins will get angry. */