[mythtv-users] Firewire on a combo backend/frontend

John P Poet jppoet at gmail.com
Tue Aug 1 00:44:12 UTC 2006

I have discovered the reason for some of my problems.  Comcast flipped
the channel assignments for ESPN2HD and INDHD.  First part of the
problem is that zap2it has not updated their listings.  Second part of
the problem is that the INDHD channel had it's copy mode set to
"ONCE".

I called Comcast and asked if they could change the "ONCE" setting to
"FREE" for the new ESPN2HD channel, like it is for ESPNHD.  After
being on hold for a few minutes, the rep came back on and said that
they could not do it remotely, but would send someone out to my house
to fix that setting in my SA3250HD box.

So, at least that explains why some of my record attempts have failed.

John