[mythtv-users] Terratec 1200 (was: DVB-S cards)

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Tue Aug 1 00:25:01 UTC 2006

On 31/07/06, Morten Rønseth <morten.ronseth at webfx.no> wrote:
> Morten Rønseth wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I've been thinking of replacing my 3 PVR-150 tuners with DVB-S cards.
> > Are there any caveats I should be aware of?
> > Are there some cards that don't work?
> > I've had a look at "Hauppauge WinTV Nova-CI-S" - would this be a good
> > choice?
> >
> > I'm situated in Norway and would probably receive either Canal Digital
> > or Canal+.
> >

> Just read about the Terratec 1200 DVB-S card - is this positively
> supported by MythTV (or, rather, IVTV maybe)?
> Can anybody elaborate on the CAM setup with this card?

(Disclaimer - I do not use DVB-S/C cards)

The LinuxTV project is responsible for the card's support - per their
wiki it seems supported:
http://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Supported_DVB_cards#Terratec_Cinergy_1200_DVB-S_budget.2FTyphoon.2FKNC1_DVB-S_budget

You should check the linux-dvb mailing list for information on the CAM
if no-one on this list can provide more detailed info for you.

Hope this helps,
Nick

--
MythTV Official wiki: