[mythtv-users] best mythtv distro?

Timothy Waters timothy.waters at gmail.com
Wed Apr 19 12:07:52 UTC 2006

Hmmm, that sounds good. It would probably do me well to add at least another
256MB RAM in there. I'm using a PVR-250MCE. To those above: yes I am well
aware that each user should use what is best for them. I even said that in
my post. I am VERY fluent with Linux so the distro doesn't matter. I wanted
to know, based on my hardware, as it is what distro would give me the best
performance for MythTV. I will definately try amicus. I do like the latest
KnoppMyth as well. Oh, another thing is that this box is also my web server
and I would like to squeeze a little more performance and life out of it. Is
the processor fast enough and should I just add another stick of RAM in
there?

On 4/19/06, Andrew Lynch <lynchaj at yahoo.com> wrote:

> >What distro do you all think is the best for running
> MythTV on?
>
> This question comes up often and I think the answer
> depends on the person asking it.
>
> If you are new to MythTV and/or Linux, have an older
> PC for a PVR, or would like a simple MythTV on Debian
> install, I suggest AMICUS:
>
> http://amicus.sourceforge.net
>
> Andrew Lynch

Timothy Waters
timothy.waters at gmail.com
http://www.e-Waters.org
205-587-9001

"It is easier to denature plutonium than to denature the evil spirit of
man." Albert Einstein(1946)