[mythtv-users] Can Myth do multiple Tuners with different EPGs?

scamp scampgb at gmail.com
Wed Apr 19 12:04:56 UTC 2006

Hi Rich

The answer is "Yes" :-)

In Myth you set up video sources.  It's the video sources that get the data
from the EPG.
You then set each tuner input to use the appropriate video source.

In your case you'd set up two video sources "Digital" and "Cable/Analogue".
You then set up each tuner input as follows:
DVB card port 1 - "Digital" video source
 DVB card port 2 - "Digital" video source
Analogue tuner - "Cable/Analogue" video source

Does that make sense?

Any channels that overlap on the two video sources (such as BBC1) will need
to be configured as separate channels.  I've read that Myth will understand
that they're actually the same channel if you ensure that the callsigns are
the same - I've not tested this though.

Incidentally, what DVB capture card are you considering?

Steve