[mythtv-users] lirc responds slow when watching TV

Lee McLaren lmclaren at lrm.com.au
Wed Apr 19 08:42:39 UTC 2006

Marcel Janssen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Since a few weeks I'm having very slow response using my remote control when I
> watch live TV. In other menus or when using xine for example the remote
> control works well.
> I've check CPU usage with liveTV, but it's not high at all.
> I'm using an irman remote control unit.
>
> Has anyone else noticed this and knows how to fix it ?
>
> Regards,
> Marcel

While watching live TV trying doing a "/etc/init.d/lirc stop" (via
another terminal) then press the number keys on your remote and see if
they still bring up the numbers to change channels, if so you have the
same problem as me in that tv card driver is also providing the remote
and they compete with each other.
Reply if this is what you are seeing and I will dig up all the info I
have and how I made it a bit better...

regards

Lee McLaren