[mythtv-users] Mythtv 0-19-fixes ebuild?

Brett May brett.may at thalesatm.com
Wed Apr 19 01:00:28 UTC 2006

Thanks Daniel and Jesse, I will give this a go tonight when I get home.

I am extremely happy with version 0.19 but the time between changing
channels is about 10 seconds for me and I have heard that the svn fixes
branch fixes this.  I downloaded the sources about a week ago and have
been hunting for an ebuild since.

Daniel:  I have 0.19 currently running and everything works very well so
hopefully the change to the fixes branch should be fairly painless.
This is the second go at doing a MythTV Box and last time (0.18) I had a
similair problem to you,  I installed via portage and then installed
again using the makefiles (not ebuild).  I ended up with 2 versions, one
in /usr and the other in /usr/local.  Took me a while to realize why I
was having problems.

Jesse: your explanation is very clear and thorough, thanks mate.

Cheers,
Brett