[mythtv-users] best mythtv distro?

Tom Greer trgreer at gmail.com
Wed Apr 19 00:46:25 UTC 2006

On 4/18/06, Timothy Waters <timothy.waters[at]gmail.com> wrote:

> What distro do you all think is the best for running MythTV on? Yes, I know
> it's usually not the distro but the geek that makes the difference, well, in
> some cases maybe so, however in others that's just rubbish. So, again: what
> is the best distro for running MythTV on? Here is the box it's going to stay
> running on:
> AMD Athlon 2100XP 1.67Ghz
> 256MB RAM
> 20GB & 80GB HDD
> DVD+/-RW + DL

I've had great success with Fedora Core 4 using Jarrod Wilson's great
HOW-TO.  I currently have a backend server and two front ends on
Fedora.

That was after disasterous repeated attempts to make MythTV work on
SuSE 9.0 and 10.0.  I'm sure that someone smarter than me can make it
work on SuSE.  I found my self constantly in dependency hell.