[mythtv-users] Cannot Download Listings

Steve Daniels steve.p.daniels at googlemail.com
Tue Apr 18 23:01:21 UTC 2006

From: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org
[mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of jazzy 639
Sent: 18 April 2006 22:30
To: mythtv-users at mythtv.org
Subject: [mythtv-users] Cannot Download Listings

Hello, Hope you can help

I dont have a TV Card ATM, as I am wanting to get this working first.

I am in the UK and trying to get TV listings.

Ive got my uk_rt.conf with some channels. Then when I run
/usr/bin/tv_grab_uk_rt --config-file /home/mythtv/.mythtv/uk_rt.conf >
/home/mythtv/.mythtv/uk_rt.xmltv, it produces the file fine. When I then run
mythfilldatabase, I get:
/home/mythtv/.mythtv/uk_rt.xmltv: 1: bad line <?xml version=...
Unexpected end of file
Failed to fetch some program info

Please help!

Thanks

Hi Jazzy,

Really, if you're in the UK and setting up MythTV you'll want to be buying a
DVB-T card. Not an analogue tuner. Part and Parcel of the DVB setup is
getting the schedule data over the air in the form of EIT. So you won't need
any xmltv nonsense either..

Hmm this is of course total fud if you want to capture sky.. oh well.

I'll send this anyway :-)