[mythtv-users] Current wisdom on PVR-150/250/350/500

Sam Varshavchik mrsam at courier-mta.com
Tue Apr 18 22:29:41 UTC 2006

Jeff Simpson writes:

> Looks like this discussion is also on slashdot as of this morning:
>
> http://ask.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid/04/18/122246

This is just a link to the CNET story I posted yesterday.  Slashdot:
yesterday's news for nerds, stuff that no longer matters.

One comment, though, does a much better way of summarizing my feelings on
this subject than I can do myself:

http://ask.slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid3404&cid148688

If you're ok with using proprietary, non-free software and drivers, that's
ok; but there are plenty of other operating systems that are available for
you, where hardware support is even better than Linux's.

Non-free software and drivers defeats the whole purpose of using Linux.
That's not really what many people have invested a lot of their time, and
money, into.