[mythtv-users] (OT) mythburn with dvb-s

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Tue Apr 18 15:01:51 UTC 2006

On 18/04/06, itsmebcc <itsmebcc at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Does anyone actually have mythburn working with recordings from DVB?  I am
> using a nexus-s, and I have burned a few.. very few... number of dvd's and I
> am pretty sure it is due to bad recordings.  I get a ton of errors from
> projectx complaining about the source file.  Just curious if anyone else has
> a similar setup and has this working.

Not a very similar setup, but I have mythburn working with recordings
from DVB-T in the UK.

I do a lossless transcode first (to convert from TS to PS) otherwise
the mplex stage fails, but I think projectx has done its sutff by
then.

I have the green icon problem that's been widely reported here, but
the files play fine.

I'm running 0.20 from atrpms on Fedora FC3, with mythburn from cvs.

I followed the instructions here:

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/MythBurnInstallation

I had to install Xvfb and fiddle with file permissions but everything
else went as described.  If you need more specific details let me
know.

HTH