[mythtv-users] HTPC Hardware

Michael Fox fox.michael at gmail.com
Tue Apr 18 03:30:57 UTC 2006

On 4/18/06, Conrad vr <conradvr at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> DVB: Fusion Dual Digital TV Tuner (Australia)
>
> To use a SFF I need to use a mATX motherboard, and
> would prefer to avoid one of the proprietry
> motherboards from the likes of Shuttle and AOpen.

I'd guess your in Australia, not sure about your tuner above being
supported but I am sure others who have it can comment.

I am also in Australia. Sydney to be exact and have been running
mythtv for only a short period. Some 4 or more months would be about
the time frame. Learnt alot and have gone on to help many others.

I use Ubuntu 5.10 default install with some Twinhan Mini Ter DVB-T PCI
cards. The cards work great, and can be changed to be low profile,
which means with the low profile bracket they work great in my
slimline Aopen mATX desktop case. I currently have 2 tuners both the
same working very well on 0.19 mythtv. One of these days I will hook
the unit upto a TV. I am using an ASUS a7v400-mx mainboard from memory
and have a Nvidia FX5200 low profile passive cooled card in the
system.

Mythtv is great, and I think once you have learnt enough to understand
most aspects of it, you will prefer it over Windows software that does
similar things. I too have tried Mediaportal and found it to be very
problematic at times.