[mythtv-users] long time to live TV

James Armstrong james at thearmstrongs.org
Mon Apr 17 16:52:59 UTC 2006

Marco Nelissen wrote:
>>> Or how about just fixing the slowness?
>> Please, feel free to optimize my network, speed up my hard drive, and
>> eliminate all lag when switching from Swap Space to RAM, all while
>> reducing protocol overhead.
> I'd be very surprised if your network speed, harddrive speed or
> protocol overhead are major factors in the multi-second delay when
> starting live tv.
It might be the channel changing or channel lock that is doing it. I
have the same problem. Watching recorded shows only takes a few seconds
and live tv takes about 10 or so. Sometimes I think it is locked up,
then it starts working. I should verbose the backend and see what steps
are taking the longest.

- James