[mythtv-users] mythmusic navigation?

Paul Harrison mythtv at dsl.pipex.com
Mon Apr 17 09:28:45 UTC 2006

Gabe Rubin wrote:
> Is there a way to jump screens or through the alphabet in the
> mythmusic browser?  With a ton of music in there, it is a little
> onerous to scroll through one at a time.
>
> I could not find anything under keys.txt or the keybinding section of mythweb.

There's an incremental search feature that you can use to jump to any
item in the list. The default keys are ctrl-s and ctrl-n. Pressing
ctrl-s pops up a dialog where you can enter a search term. Say you want
to jump to the first item that starts with 'S' you would enter 's'.
Press OK and the list jumps to the first match. Pressing ctrl-n will
jump to the next match or back to the first match if no more matches can
be found. You're not limited to searching for a single letter you can
enter anything to search for. You can also choose to allow matches
anywhere within an item not just the start. Probably better to change
the default key binding to something that is already on your remote that
doesn't clash with anything else.

Don't confuse this with the 'Search' item available from the Menu. That
is something entirely different.

Paul H.