No subject

Sat Apr 15 04:39:11 UTC 2006

---------------------------------
tveeprom 5-0050: tuner model is TCL MFNM05-4 (idx 103, type 4)

<skipped lines>

tuner 5-0061: tuner type not set
tuner 5-0061: tuner type not set
----------------------------------

My first three 150s are all detected as type 50 thus:
----------------------------
tveeprom 2-0050: tuner model is TCL 2002N 5H (idx 99, type 50)
----------------------------
And these tuners work fine.

I don't know if you noticed the post right after mine, but the poster
stated:

" I'm holding off on 150/500's,
though they've been fine for many users---but some users just can't
get them to work reliably.  There have been many reports of "first
tuner can't tune lowband video" which are quite probably FM issues,
and reports of "one of the two tuners is DOA", and things like that."

I have no idea what he meant by "FM issues", but the reference to
"lowband video" was interesting, but it sounds like he's referring to
a 500. He might mean that the tuner has a problem with strong FM
signals on the TV input, more likely a problem with an antenna than
with CATV.

You might want to take this matter up on the ivtv forums. Replacing
the card might get you one with a different tuner, I really wish
HogPaws would stop the "tuner of the week" stuff, but maybe it's a
supplier issue, or else they can save 3 cents per card by switching.

      </pre>
    <pre wrap="">

    </pre>
mythtv-users mailing list