[mythtv-users] PVR-150 Tuner Quality Issues

Dale E. Martin dale at the-martins.org
Mon Apr 17 00:54:19 UTC 2006

> As for fine tuning, I'll check that out and see if it helps. I
> don't know if this will help to diagnose the problem, but on top of the
> general graininess and poor color, the lower channels seem to exhibit kinda
> of a rolling interference as well.

If you have a cable modem, make sure that you have a high pass filter on
the line coming into your setup.  The cable modem return channel can
overlap onto the low channels - maybe your VCR has filtering built in or
something.  My cable company "doesn't hand them out", so I found some
online for $2.50 - the shipping cost more than the part.

Take care,
  Dale
Dale E. Martin - dale at the-martins.org
http://the-martins.org/~dmartin