[mythtv-users] long time to live TV

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Apr 16 17:46:13 UTC 2006

On 04/16/2006 01:30 PM, Marco Nelissen wrote:
>> On 04/16/2006 03:08 AM, Marco Nelissen wrote:
>>
>>> Followup question to my last post: anyone know why myth would open
>>> the video codec once, and then again after a few seconds?
>>>
>> Playing dummy video followed by playing real video?
>>
> So it plays a dummy video as a "filler" until it starts playing
> live tv? Can I change this dummy video to be something else besides
> a blank screen?

Something you never would have found in the lists.  You have to remember
to search for "dummy video green" to narrow it down sufficiently... ;)
(Green from the "green terminal style text" and "green 'No signal'" and
"greenish blocky video".  Also make sure green is the third word in the
search, so that Gossamer highlights the word "green" in--you guessed
it--green.)

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/165130#165130

I suggest you read the whole thread (at least from the linked post
onward).  Also, it's quite possible the dummy stream is only used with
DVB/ATSC (but I don't know for sure).

Mike