[mythtv-users] database error before every recording starts on 0.19-fixes svn revision 9709.

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Apr 16 16:51:46 UTC 2006

On 04/16/2006 10:23 AM, Khanh Tran wrote:
> Would I have an "out" once .20 is released?  I'd assume I could go
> from a .19 svn to a .20 release so long as I didn't jump ahead
> accidentally to .20 svn, correct?

Yes.  Since you're now post-0.19, you can't go back to 0.19 directly.
However, 0.20 will be newer than your current version, so you'll be able
to go to the 0.20 release without problems.  Note, though, that even
though 0.19.1 has not yet been released, it will not be "newer" than
your current version, so you won't be able to go directly to 0.19.1.

If you really want to go back to 0.19, 0.19-fixes, or 0.19.1 (when
released) (and you may be more comfortable doing so), you could try to
manually "fix" a current backup of your database.  Make a backup as
described at http://mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-23.html#ss23.5 .  Then,
uninstall your current MythTV and install a 0.19 version and drop your
mythconverg database (
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/4.1/en/drop-database.html ).  Then,
using the 0.19 script, set up the initial database (
http://mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-6.html#ss6.2 ) and start
mythtv-setup.  Then exit mythtv-setup and follow the instructions at
http://mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-23.html#ss23.7 to get the important
information out of your SVN database backup (although it may be easier
to create a separate file per database table to make global search and
replace easier).  Then, "fix" the INSERT statements so that they work
with the 0.19 database and execute the SQL (at this point you can keep
dropping/re-creating the database as necessary until you get the SQL
right).  Once you've gotten the information in the database, go into
mythtv-setup and configure your system the way you had it.

Also, I would suggest you ignore the recordedmarkup table (there were
some pretty major changes between 0.19 and current SVN) and instead just
re-run mythcommflag to repopulate it (start with "mythcommflag --rebuild
--all" and follow up with "mythcommflag --all" if you use commercial
flagging).

Good luck,
Mike