[mythtv-users] What should be the minimum video card memory I should look?

Wander Winkelhorst w.winkelhorst at gmail.com
Sun Apr 16 13:31:34 UTC 2006

1280*1024*4 = 5 242 880

You need about 5 MB of video memory to do 1280x1024 in 32 bit color.

So the amount of memory on your card is not really important for
displaying high resolutions (any more)

But beware, your TV only has a resolution of 786x576 max. so there is
no point in displaying 1024x768 (unless you have a HD tv)

Regards,
Wander.