[mythtv-users] PVR-150 Tuner Quality Issues

Wander Winkelhorst w.winkelhorst at gmail.com
Sun Apr 16 13:11:53 UTC 2006

Please check the following:

- Are you SURE you are using the right frequencies? I'm living in the
Netherlands, and my cable provider didn't actually use a standard
frequency table. I had to set mine by hand to get a good signal. (I
know you said you had the right frequency table, but I thought the
exact same and it was wrong)

- Use quality cables and connectors (very important)

- Try grounding your case (this may a big difference with an old BT848
card I had)

- If you are using an amplifier, put it right after the point where
the cable enters your house, so that you amplify the signal, and not
the noise it might have picked up.

Regards,
Wander.