[mythtv-users] PVR-150 Tuner Quality Issues

Michael Horn mjhorn at gmail.com
Sun Apr 16 08:41:10 UTC 2006

First of all it looks like I mis-spoke in my last reply. It wasn't that my
tuner wasnt detected properly, it was that its type was being set
incorrectly. I've been playing around with the setup, and if all tuner=xx
options are removed,  it is detected as type 4. However, type 4 seems to be
equivilent to tuner not found or something of the sort (at least according
to /usr/src/Documentation/video4linux/CARDLIST.tuners) So if I leave it
without a tuner=xx option, or try to set it to 4, its unsuccessful, and I
can only tune the channel that was last tuned, with no ability to change it.
When set as typeP, which I chose originally as it was the closest match to
my TCL M2523_5N_E. With that option, I can tune all my channels, but with
the quality issues.

As for the connections, I have tried both the vcr and the 150 on the exact
same lines, and it appears the issue is confined to the card. I've tried
both the 0.4.2 and 0.4.4 versions of ivtv, currently using the 0.4.4

Now, you said one of your 150s is detected as type 4, do you think I could
have a look at your modules.conf and appropriate section of the dmesg
output? If I can't make any progress soon I guess I'll exchange this card
for another 150 to see if perhaps it is just a bad card.