[mythtv-users] XFS+NFS+SMP=reboot

Captain Krypto captainkrypto at gmail.com
Sun Apr 16 02:37:34 UTC 2006

Hey all,

I am having some issues with my backend server rebooting when put under a
heavy I/O load to my RAID0 array...  I've done some reasearch and found that
there is a problem with the way NFS and XFS interact with each other on an
SMP enabled kernel....  this seems like it would be a common setup for a
myth backend system... I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this
problem?  I am running kernel version 2.6.15-1.1833_FC4smp with a striped
hardware RAID0 array with an NFS mount to the frontend.  If I boot the
backend with the non-SMP kernel, I am able to put the backend under heavy
disk I/O.  Based on what I've googled, it seems that this problem has been
corrected....  is anyone else seeing this?

Thanks,
Dave