[mythtv-users] VIA MII 1000 and PVR 150

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Sat Apr 15 22:35:51 UTC 2006

Tero Tilus wrote:
> On Fri, 14 Apr 2006, R. G. Newbury wrote:
>> I found that it was the side-mounted 80mm fan which was the source
>> of the noise.
>
> What case you have?

Sorry, I thought I had stated that.

It's a Silverstone LC11M.  It's the size of a stereo receiver: 17" wide
about 4" high. The 'M' model has a built in IR receiver, and VFD (Visual
Flourescent Display (16chars by 2 lines) and comes with a Remote, all of
which are usuable through lirc under mythtv.

The remote actually has far too many buttons buts that's a different
problem.

This case comes with a very quiet power supply (normally set to 230V:
watch it in NorthAmerica and switch it to 120!)

It designed for a miniATX, has 2 HD bays, and one very nicely
'stealthed' DVD bay. Presuming the motherboard can take it, it will take
3 PCI cards mounted sideways on a riser.

I have a VIA SP13000 with 2 PCI cards mounted in it. Love it!.

I am seriously considering buying the same case for an office server
(without the IR stuff).
Geoff