Steve Daniels steve.p.daniels at googlemail.com
Sat Apr 15 22:20:14 UTC 2006

From: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org
[mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of Raviv Levi
Sent: 15 April 2006 20:20
To: mythtv-users at mythtv.org
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] mythtv-users Digest, Vol 37, Issue 107

Hi all,

I'm sorry to say that I agree with Felix on that one...
We should give the user the oppertunity to choose whether he wants to view
buffered TV (with all its advantages) or or plain TV (bit streamdump from
the HW) - it can even be under a compilation flag...
What we shouldn't do is  to decide for the user how he or she are going to
watch TV.

Isn't that what LINUX is all about - freedome of choice..?

BTW: in the windows SW I got with my Hauppauge 150 I am able to view TV and
record quite smoothly.... (I can't explain it...).

Thanks,

-rlv
--------

Raviv,

WELL DONE, on kindly volunteering to write all the code to facilitate this
and to maintain it through all future versions of MythTV, I really admire
you. Glad to see you're not the kind of person who just wants something done
for them - for nothing.

I look forward to your patch as it will stop a lot of the moaners clogging
up this list with threads that go >30 odd posts once or twice a fortnight.

Thanks,

Steve Daniels