[mythtv-users] Slightly OT: 2.6-16 kernel/ivtv .6

Jonathan Smith jonathanlsmith at gmail.com
Sat Apr 15 21:14:50 UTC 2006

So I upgraded my kernel to 2.6-16/ivtv to .6/mythtv to .19-126 via yum
and ran into some problems.  Initially I didnt have any sound and
could not record or view live tv.  I easily found the problem with
recording/viewing livetv, I just had to go reconfigure the input
options in mythtvsetup.  Sound turned out to be a real problem.  I
have 2 sound cards on my system an Audigy SB and the on board Nvidia
card.  Sound worked fine on the Nvidia card with the new kernel, but
my on board card does not have a line-in to loop sound back into the
Hauppauge 350 card and the quality of the Nvidia card is not that
great.  I was able to get my Audigy card working after running
alsaconf, but then livetv got real unstable, video was freezing up.
Not sure why that would happen.  When I rebooted, I lost sound again.
Anyway I ended up reverting back to ivtv .4 and using my 2.6-15
kernel.  Has anyone had any success with upgrading to the new kernel
with an Audigy SB card?

Specs:
Initially used Jarod Wilsons guide
FC4