[mythtv-users] PVR350 only plays nuv files, others play on monitor

Susan & Bill Henley henleymail at comcast.net
Sat Apr 15 20:34:09 UTC 2006

I have a fully updated stable version of mythtv running on fc4 per Jerod
Wilson's instructions. PVR350 works great  outputting  .nuv files it
creates.
All other files end up playing on the lcd monitor I have attached to the
on board nvidia output. It has not been a big problem as the primary
purpose has just been to record and playback tv shows.
However, I have just installed a Air2pc HD5000 tuner in addition to the
pvr350. The HD5000 works and is recording just fine. But the file it
creates is a .mpg. These files as a result plat on my monitor to the
intended target of my TV. So, where have I gone wrong?
How do I get these files to output through the pvr350?

As an aside, I have tried without luck so far, to get X-out through the
pvr350. It is probably me not getting the xorg.conf file just right.

Thanks,

Bill