[mythtv-users] What do I have to do to get HD working?

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Sat Apr 15 19:53:46 UTC 2006

Mark Lehrer <mark at knm.org> says:
> Whoever said that a P4 3.2 is fast enough for HD doesn't know what
> they are talking about.

You were wrong the last time you claimed this on mythtv-users
(<URL:http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/194469#194469>)
and you are wrong now. Since you didn't believe those who responded to
you otherwise in that thread, then believe me and my P4 3.0GHz
frontend/backend, which happily displays 720p and 1080i on my
Westinghouse 37" 1080p display. Please see
<URL:http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/177303#177303>
for details on my setup.

Like John Poet, your tennis_sample.mpg file plays fine on my MythTV
setup after being inserted into the system with
myth.rebuilddatabase.pl.