[mythtv-users] database error before every recording starts on 0.19-fixes svn revision 9709.

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Apr 15 14:17:20 UTC 2006

On 04/15/2006 07:36 AM, Khanh Tran wrote:
> Another side effect that I can't figure out why it is even an issue:
>
> Ever since going to the latest svn, the Retro theme no longer has any
> text in the menus.  It just shows the graphic that corresponds with
> each menu item.  My other themes work fine and so does OSD.  The font
> used is Trebuchet MS, which is used by other themes that work.  It
> just makes no sense :(

There have been some serious changes that are leading to a significantly
better UI.  Try changing:

Paint Engine
This selects what Myth uses to draw.  If you have decent hardware,
select OpenGL. Changing this requires a restart.

Oh, and now that you've upgraded to SVN head, you should be reading the
-dev and -commits lists to keep up with these issues.  ;)  (In reality,
if you plan to keep upgrading your Myth box to newer versions of SVN
head, please do read the lists.  If you're staying constant where you're
at, it shouldn't be necessary once you identify and fix the issues with
your version.)

Mike