[mythtv-users] MythTV channel buffer

Stef Coene stef.coene at docum.org
Sat Apr 15 14:13:05 UTC 2006

On Saturday 15 April 2006 14:04, Steve Hodge wrote:
> On 4/15/06, Felix Rubinstein <felixru at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > What I mean is that instead of having many features like games and
> > weather report, I'd like as a professional, for MythTV to do one thing
> > but to do it well, instead of many half-well!
>
> It does plenty of stuff well, but you're not using it the way 99% of
> people are using it. So it's hardly surprising that it's not optimised
> for your usage pattern. Since you are using it in such a strange way,
> IMO, you should either stop complaining or do the necessary
> development work.
Not realy true.  Do you know why I don't use mythtv to NOT watch live tv?
Because there is a 9 second delay.
If the delay would acceptable (1 second for me), I would never use my tv tuner
again.  Because live tv with mythtv is so much nicer because it shows you
what you are watching.
And I don't have to swap remotes.  And I don't have to swap my external sound
system to an other input.  And I don't have to swap my tv to another input.

How can you use something that's not working ???

Give me one good reason to use the tuner in your tv IF mythtv has realtime
live-tv?

Stef