[mythtv-users] Problem with national chars - I'm resigned, pls help

Warpme warpme at o2.pl
Sat Apr 15 08:58:30 UTC 2006

Hi *,

I wrote this because I trying to resolve this problem during last few
weeks, but still without success :-(
I have home network: central server in living room (front+backend,
knoppmyth r5b7) & diskless forntend in sleeping room based on minimyth 0.19.
Both machines are based on EPIA M10k.
Both r5b7 & minimyth are based on mythtv 0.19

Problem are national chars.

In knoppmyth I have wrongly displayed polish national chars (EPG,
listings, etc), but in Minimyth all is OK.

So I suspect that problem is in fonts.
My idea was to copy fonts & fonts related configs from minimyth to knopmyth:
-I downloaded from minimyth all contents of /usr/lib/X11/fonts/ (misc
dir with lot of .pcf.gz files & TTF dir with .ttf files) and copy it to
knoppmyth's /usr/lib/X11/fonts/
-I copy contents of /etc/fonts dir from minimyth to knoppmyth /etc/fonts
-In /etc/x11/xf86config I put into section Files following entries:

Section
"Files"

        RgbPath
"/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/rgb"

        ModulePath
"/usr/X11R6/lib/modules"

        FontPath
"/usr/lib/X11/fonts/TTF"

        FontPath
"/usr/lib/X11/fonts/misc"

EndSection

Unfortunately, in Knoppmyth I have still problems with polish chars. In
fact nothing changed on screen (btw: I little bit surprised by this,
because in minimyth I have slightly different looking fonts)

Probably I missed something or not understand properly how X11 in
knoppmyth is servicing fonts.

May somebody  help me tith this issue ?