[mythtv-users] Nuvexport to iPod job

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Sat Apr 15 02:32:15 UTC 2006

On Apr 14, 2006, at 4:47 PM, Chris Petersen wrote:

> I just thought I'd send out a quick note to you ipod users that I
> changed the export container format from mov to mp4, which should
> hopefully eliminate the need for mp4box.
>
> I've also added experimental h264 support -- it does NOT work
> properly,
> but I'm hoping that someone out there can help me figure out what's
> wrong (I don't have a video-capable ipod to test with, which makes
> things difficult).
>
> -Chris

I got it installed and all is well from the command line (I commented
out the mp4box stuff), however I must be a retard because I can't get
the easiest part working - as a user defined job in myth. I added a
job /usr/local/bin/myth2ipod "%DIR%" "%FILE%"

Backend status tells me it finished (after like a second). Uhh.. no
it didn't.
I changed it to just myth2ipod "%DIR%" "%FILE%" and it tells me it
can't find the executable. So I know I'm at least finding the
executable in the first command. I used to have this working with the
old script that called ffmpeg directly. Any hints?

Thanks,

Brad