[mythtv-users] MythTV channel buffer

Steve Hodge stevehodge at gmail.com
Sat Apr 15 01:32:04 UTC 2006

On 4/15/06, Matthew Geier <matthew at sleeper.apana.org.au> wrote:
> Niels Dybdahl wrote:
> > I never use the direct TV. Why should I ? MythTV has recorded shows
> > for me that I find much more interesting than anything that is
> > currently on.
>
> > So I would not care if the "live tv" was completely removed. But I
> > understand other people watch TV differently than I do, but I do not
> > understand why they need MythTV for that.
>
>   My Mythbox is the only DVB-T receiver I have. If I want to watch a
> live DVB-T program I HAVE to use the mythbox.

But you don't have to use MythTV. You could use some other TV
application. And you don't have to use the live tv mode. You could
just schedule everything. I do, and I think a lot of other people here
do too.

>   My Analogue reception is noisy and ghosted, My DVB reception is near
> perfect.
>   So my tuner is MythTV.

No, your tuner is a DVB card. You don't have to use MythTV, there are
alternatives. If MythTV doesn't suit your purposes then you can use
something else or you can do the development work necessary to make
MythTV work for you.

Steve