[mythtv-users] [mythtv] tv.com perl script patch

David Asher david.asher at caviumnetworks.com
Sat Apr 15 01:17:09 UTC 2006

First off: thanks for sharing this script.  I've been using it (v0.8)
for a while.

I noticed an interesting side effect of having a 0 chanid, however.
MythWeb discards any programs with chanid == 0.  So, the imported
programs can't be seen (or deleted).  Kind of annoying.

I see two ways to fix this: 1. create a fake (non-zero) chanid in the
channel table to give to imported videos, 2. have mythweb include the
chanid == 0 programs (I wonder what the reason for this check is anyway).

Both options seem like they could have nasty side-effects, though option
2 less wide-ranging.

Overall I like the idea of a imported video "channel", but I suspect
adding it to the channels table could wreak havoc on
tuning/EPG/mythfilldatabase/etc.  Anybody have any ideas/opinions on this?

David.