[mythtv-users] looking for a motherboard...

Mark Lehrer mark at knm.org
Fri Apr 14 22:50:37 UTC 2006

> I am looking for a motherboard (for a dedicated back end rebuild) and
> would love some help. I am hoping to us a dual core Pentium D but I need
> some extras.

Ack!!!!  Intel is a horrible idea.  I have an AMD x2 3800 and it is great.
I had a Prescott and it was a nightmare.  If you are not doing hi def then
you'll be OK, but otherwise go AMD.

> *four SATA2 ports (with raid if possible)
> *two serial ports (two Sat receivers)
> *and as many pci ports as possible for capture cards.
> *if it had on board video and network that would also be great.

Wow, it is tough to find serial ports these days!  I have an AMD
A8N-VM.  There is also an A8N-SLI which is larger.  But they only
have a printer port.

Mark