[mythtv-users] MythTV channel buffer

Brad Benson bbenso1 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 14 21:34:47 UTC 2006

On 4/14/06, Stef Coene <stef.coene at docum.org> wrote:

> stand.  What benefit are you getting from watching TV under
> > Myth?  You're not using Myth to change channels and you're not talking
> > about recording stuff, just watching TV.  So why bother doing through
> Myth?
> >  Just use your TV.
> Mythtv knows the name of the show, short description, when it will ends,
> That's why I should use live tv.  So you know what you are watching.

Yes, Myth does know that if it's set up correctly.  However, the OP said he
isn't using Myth to change channels, he's doing it directly via his STB.
So, when he changes channels on the STB he has a several second delay while
the previously buffered content clears out and he *still* doesn't know what
he's watching.  Unless, of course, his STB has it's own EPG in which case my
original question remains:  Why not just use your TV?