[mythtv-users] Avermedia PVR-150

Kevin kevinaj at gmail.com
Fri Apr 14 18:54:41 UTC 2006

>> On Tue Apr 11, 2006 at 09:17:42PM -0400, Kevin wrote:
>> Has anyone figured out how to get an AVerMedia AVerTV PVR-150 to work
with
>> Myth 0.19? I'm Running FC4 with ivtv 0.6.1. I managed to get a mahogany
>> color image when trying to watch live TV, but have had other wise no
>> success. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>>
> Do you have audio working on this card outside of Myth?  Last
> I checked, I couldn't get audio working on it even with the
> cx88 blackbird driver.  If audio is working outside of Myth,
> then I can look into making sure the card works within Myth.
>
> --
> Chris
No, audio does not work inside or outside of MythTV. I have posted a short
clip of what I get here: http://kevinaj.wrfarm.net/capture.mpg . The clip is
actually what I recorded outside of Myth. I also tested the card using
TVTime, but got only a blue screen. I verified that this is not a hardware
issue by testing the card under XP. Avermedia refuses to help because they
do not support linux. So, I'm out of ideas. If anybody has an idea of what
to try, let me know. I plan on upgrading to FC5 as soon as I can get to my
uncle's to download it. Hopefully, that will at least get me closer.

Thanks,
Kevin