[mythtv-users] Nvidia just released 8756.

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Fri Apr 14 19:17:20 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-04-13 at 23:35 -0400, Steven Adeff wrote:
> On 4/13/06, Brad DerManouelian <myth at dermanouelian.com> wrote:
> > On Apr 13, 2006, at 5:56 PM, Steven Adeff wrote:
> > > On 4/13/06, Kevin Kuphal <kuphal at dls.net> wrote:
> Brad, I wonder if there are other options that may affect this. Could
> you post your Screen and Device sections? Also, do you have Composite
> and RENDER both on?

Quote from Andy Ritger @ nVidia:
- A Video Overlay Xv Adaptor is obviously fundamentally incompatible
  with Damage/Composite.  Should X drivers no longer advertise
  Video Overlay Xv adaptors if they are running in an X server that
  includes Composite support?

Composite can not be used with XVideo overlay, and ChromaKeyOSD
relies on XVideo overlay. By enabling Composite you are basically
enabling "XvmcUsesTextures" which breaks ChromaKeyOSD.

Note also that XVideo does not yet play nice with the Composite
Extension, so if you enable Composite you should shut down your
composite manager before starting up XVideo playback.

BTW If you want to have see some semi-transparent MythTV windows,
you can make MythTV ignore XVideo by defining the NO_XV environment
variable. I can run 4 SDTV instances of mythfrontend on my CPU
without XVideo... This will, of course, use significantly more CPU
than using XVideo.